Great learning Gabby we are so proud of you! What a determined learner.
Saturday, 19 August 2017
Thursday, 17 August 2017
Tuesday, 15 August 2017
During our reading today, these wonderful learners were able to tell me where in the learning process we were - It is great to see the learners confidently applying their understanding of the learning process in all areas of learning.
Top left: Learner is scanning the learning process to find what block we are in, Top right: Three learners are pointing to building knowledge because we were using our senses to make sense of our text. Bottom: These three learners are showing me that we are working fluidly between two blocks ( building knowledge and making meaning)
Monday, 14 August 2017
Saturday, 12 August 2017
How to grow a kumara house plant
You can grow beautiful green vines from a whole kumara right from your kitchen window. The kumara will provide greenery for your home during any month of the year and the green vines can be trained to climb up or around whatever you choose.
- Jar or Glass
- Water (non-chlorinated)
- Wash the kumara gently but thoroughly.
- Insert toothpicks into the sides of the kumara about 1/3 of the way down.
- Place the kumara into the jar.
- Fill the jar with water.
- In about 10-15 days, the kumara will begin to bud.
- For the next 3 to 6 months, vines will grow from the kumara.
- You can train the vines to climb up or around whatever you choose.