How to grow a kumara house plant
You can grow beautiful green vines from a whole kumara right from your kitchen window. The kumara will provide greenery for your home during any month of the year and the green vines can be trained to climb up or around whatever you choose.
- Jar or Glass
- Water (non-chlorinated)
- Wash the kumara gently but thoroughly.
- Insert toothpicks into the sides of the kumara about 1/3 of the way down.
- Place the kumara into the jar.
- Fill the jar with water.
- In about 10-15 days, the kumara will begin to bud.
- For the next 3 to 6 months, vines will grow from the kumara.
- You can train the vines to climb up or around whatever you choose.